New Party Endorses Independent’s Bid in Sunflower State
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2018
CONTACT: REED GALEN
Today, SAM, the Serve America Movement, announced its support and endorsement of Greg Orman in his campaign for Kansas governor this fall.
“Greg Orman has been a steadfast leader in the independent movement in this country and in Kansas,” said SAM Chief Strategist Reed Galen. “He has the best opportunity to bring common-sense governance back to Kansas this fall.”
Orman has qualified for the November ballot after turning in 10,000 signatures on behalf of his independent effort. Recent polling has shown that Orman would beat Republican nominee Kris Kobach by double-digits.
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.
“Pioneers like Greg Orman give SAM, our leaders and members hope and optimism that breaking the stranglehold of the two-party monopoly is possible,” Galen said. “Americans are looking for new and better ways to participate in the political process. SAM’s support of candidates like Greg Orman is a key component of that work.”
SAM is a 527-organization based in Denver, Colorado. Our goal is to build a new political party for a new American majority.
To learn more about SAM, please click here.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Amendment 1, Missouri’s redistricting and political reform measure that will appear on this November’s General Election ballot.
SAM announces its support and endorsement of Oz Griebel and Monte Frank in their campaign for governor and lieutenant governor of Connecticut.
SAM, the Serve America Movement, announces its support and endorsement for Proposal 2, Michigan’s Voters Not Politicians redistricting reform measure that will appear on this November’s General Election ballot.
SAM is building a new political party for a new majority. Our goal is to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two entrenched parties and give back power and voice over our future, and our country, to the people.
We can’t do it without you.