New Party Endorses Oz and Monte’s Bid in Nutmeg State
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THURSDAY, AUGUST 30, 2018
CONTACT: REED GALEN
Today, SAM, the Serve America Movement, announced its support and endorsement of Oz Griebel and Monte Frank in their campaign for governor and lieutenant governor of Connecticut.
“Oz and Monte have a positive agenda and are ready to help solve Connecticut’s most pressing issues” said SAM Board Member and Connecticut voter Hagar Chemali. “They have a real opportunity to bring common-sense governance back to Connecticut.”
The ticket qualified for the November ballot after turning in more than 7,500 signatures on behalf of their independent effort. Oz and Monte, a former Republican and Democrat respectively, have committed their campaign to putting voters before party and providing collaborative, common-sense solutions for Connecticut.
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.
“Pioneers like Oz and Monte give SAM, our leaders and our members hope and optimism that breaking the stranglehold of the two-party monopoly is possible,” SAM CEO Sarah Lenti said. “Americans are looking for new and better ways to participate in the political process. SAM’s support of candidates like the Griebel/Frank ticket is a key component of that work.”
SAM is a 527-organization based in Denver, Colorado. Our goal is to build a new political party for a new American majority.
To learn more about SAM, please click here.
SAM announces its support and endorsement of Florida’s Amendment 4, the Voting Rights Restoration for Felons Initiative
SAM announces its opposition to the North Carolina Voter ID Amendment that will appear on next month’s General Election ballot.
SAM, The Serve America Movement, Endorses Marshall Tuck for California State Superintendent of Public Instruction
SAM announces its support for and endorsement of Marshall Tuck for State Superintendent of Public Instruction in California.
SAM is building a new political party for a new majority. Our goal is to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two entrenched parties and give back power and voice over our future, and our country, to the people.
We can’t do it without you.