Independent Will Bring New Ideas, Leadership to Sacramento
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2018
CONTACT: REED GALEN
Today, SAM, the Serve America Movement, announced its support and endorsement for Steve Poizner for California Insurance Commission on next month’s General Election ballot.
“Steve Poizner has seen up close what hyper-partisanship, on both sides of the aisle, has done to governance in the Golden State,” said SAM Chief Strategist Reed Galen. “Steve has already made history by being the first NPP (No Party Preference) candidate to advance to the General Election. He’ll make history again next month when he becomes the first independent to hold statewide office.”
In an interview last month with the editorial board of the San Diego Union-Tribune, Poizner said, “I’m pioneering a path for people who might not want to be a partisan warrior…If I could shatter that image [that you must run as one party to win statewide] then hopefully this will open up the floodgates for other people…who might want to run and serve.”
Steve Poizner, a former state assembly member and Insurance Commissioner, left the Republican Party and changed his registration to No Party Preference (NPP.) In the June Primary Election, Poizner was the top vote-getter, garnering 41% of the votes in a four-way primary.
SAM is a 527-organization with the mission to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two-party monopoly over our politics and build a new political party for a new American majority.
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Steve Poizner for California Insurance Commission on next month’s General Election ballot.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Dr. Ann Diamond, running as an independent for the 12th Legislative District.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Guy Furay, the American Party of South Carolina’s nominee for the state’s fourth congressional district.
SAM is building a new political party for a new majority. Our goal is to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two entrenched parties and give back power and voice over our future, and our country, to the people.
We can’t do it without you.