New Party Backs Centrist Group’s Slate
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2018
CONTACT: REED GALEN
Today, SAM, the Serve America Movement, announced its support and endorsement for Unite America and their slate of five candidates in Colorado.
“Our friends down the street at Unite America are doing incredible work, and we couldn’t be happier to support their candidates this fall,” said SAM CEO, Sarah Lenti. “Our groups share a hometown and a vision for a better America – one where politicians put their responsibilities to the people ahead of their partisan labels.”
SAM is a 527-organization with the mission to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two-party monopoly over our politics and build a new political party for a new American majority.
Nick Troiano, Executive Director of Unite America, said, “We’re excited to be working alongside SAM to bring new competition into our political system, especially in a state where the plurality of voters are political independents.”
Unite America is “a movement of Democrats, Republicans, and independents who are committed to bridging the growing partisan divide in order to tackle our largest challenges and leave a better country to future generations.”
Unite America has endorsed five candidates across Colorado. They are:
- Paul Jones, Colorado House District 59 (Southwestern Colorado)
- Maile Foster, Colorado House District 18 (Colorado Springs)
- Steve Peterson, Colorado Senate District 30 (Douglas County)
- Thea Chase, Colorado House District 54 (Mesa Valley)
- Jay Geyer, Colorado House District 33 (Broomfield)
“SAM and Unite America share many of the same goals,” said SAM Chief Strategist, Reed Galen. “Foremost among them is breaking the two-party monopoly. Something we know lot of people can get behind.”
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Steve Poizner for California Insurance Commission on next month’s General Election ballot.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Dr. Ann Diamond, running as an independent for the 12th Legislative District.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Guy Furay, the American Party of South Carolina’s nominee for the state’s fourth congressional district.
SAM is building a new political party for a new majority. Our goal is to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two entrenched parties and give back power and voice over our future, and our country, to the people.
We can’t do it without you.