New National Party Recommends “NO” vote on Constitutional Amendment
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2018
CONTACT: REED GALEN
Today, SAM, the Serve America Movement, announced its opposition to the North Carolina Voter ID Amendment that will appear on next month’s General Election ballot.
“It’s clear that this measure is aimed only at disenfranchising voters in North Carolina and its passage would be damaging to the rights of too many in the state,” said SAM CEO, Sarah Lenti.
SAM is a 527-organization whose mission is to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two-party monopoly over our politics and build a new political party for a new American majority.
The ballot measure would add language to the North Carolina Constitution to require voters to present a photo ID to vote in person. The North Carolina State Legislature would be responsible for passing laws to govern the photo ID requirement.
“This measure is the extension of the Legislature’s worst political instincts. Worse, it enshrines fundamentally undemocratic processes in North Carolina’s state constitution,” said SAM Chief Strategist, Reed Galen, “It’s inappropriate and will only serve to discourage voters from participating in the democratic process.”
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.
SAM announces its support and endorsement of Florida’s Amendment 4, the Voting Rights Restoration for Felons Initiative
SAM, The Serve America Movement, Endorses Marshall Tuck for California State Superintendent of Public Instruction
SAM announces its support for and endorsement of Marshall Tuck for State Superintendent of Public Instruction in California.
SAM announces its support and endorsement for Steve Poizner for California Insurance Commission on next month’s General Election ballot.
SAM is building a new political party for a new majority. Our goal is to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two entrenched parties and give back power and voice over our future, and our country, to the people.
We can’t do it without you.