SAM announces its support for and endorsement of Marshall Tuck for State Superintendent of Public Instruction in California.
“Marshall has a proven track-record as a leader in education and innovation. He is the clear choice for this crucial role in California public education,” said SAM Chief Strategist Reed Galen.
SAM is a 527-organization with the mission to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two-party monopoly over our politics and build a new political party for a new American majority.
Marshall says that “The next State Superintendent should be someone who has successfully led large organizations in the past. This isn't just the next political job.”
“This crucial position in our state government needs an innovative educator like Marshall, not another career politician,” said SAM Board Member, and California resident Suzanne Besu Truchard. “It’s clear that Marshall’s loyalties lie first, and always, with California’s students.”
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.