SAM announces its support and endorsement for Dr. Ann Diamond, running as an independent for the 12th Legislative District.
“Dr. Diamond has a real chance to show Washington State’s independence next month,” said SAM Board Member, and Washington resident, Alana Dunagan. “As a doctor, she understands the serious healthcare issues facing too many people today, understands the unique problems facing rural residents and knows that our elected officials should be good stewards of the taxpayers’ money.”
Dunagan continued, “Ann has run a positive, issues-based campaign and SAM is proud to support her candidacy.” Chris Vance, Co-Chair of Washington Independents said, “Ann Diamond will fight for Central Washington, not party bosses or special interests.”
Ann Diamond bested both Republicans and Democrats in Washington’s August Primary Election and was the top vote-getter in Okanagan County.
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.