SAM announces its support and endorsement of Oz Griebel and Monte Frank in their campaign for governor and lieutenant governor of Connecticut.
“Oz and Monte have a positive agenda and are ready to help solve Connecticut’s most pressing issues” said SAM Board Member and Connecticut voter Hagar Chemali. “They have a real opportunity to bring common-sense governance back to Connecticut.”
The ticket qualified for the November ballot after turning in more than 7,500 signatures on behalf of their independent effort. Oz and Monte, a former Republican and Democrat respectively, have committed their campaign to putting voters before party and providing collaborative, common-sense solutions for Connecticut.
SAM’s goals for 2018 and beyond include:
- Obtaining ballot access in states across the country
- Advocating for and supporting electoral reform measures across the country, including ballot measures that
- End Partisan Gerrymandering
- Repeal of “Sore Loser” Laws
- Reform and Strengthen Campaign Finance Disclosure
- Give Voters More General Election Choices
- Expand Voter Registration and Voter Access
- Remove Unnecessarily High Barriers to Ballot Access by Independents and New Parties
- Implement “Top” Four Primaries Utilizing Ranked-Choice Voting
- Recruiting and supporting candidates for political office who put people before party and are dedicated to finding objectives-based solutions to the country’s biggest problems.
“Pioneers like Oz and Monte give SAM, our leaders and our members hope and optimism that breaking the stranglehold of the two-party monopoly is possible,” SAM CEO Sarah Lenti said. “Americans are looking for new and better ways to participate in the political process. SAM’s support of candidates like the Griebel/Frank ticket is a key component of that work.”
SAM is a 527-organization based in Denver, Colorado. Our goal is to build a new political party for a new American majority.
To learn more about SAM, please click here.