"Our differences are policies; our agreements, principles."
William Mckinley, 25th President of the United States
Our Principles Are What Unite Us
SAM’s principles guide our actions. We choose to focus on the common beliefs that make us more alike than on policies that divide us.
Those in power take every opportunity to divide us. SAM stands as a beacon for inclusion, providing a shared foundation on which to build a new political party for a new American majority. For those left behind by a political system that puts its interests ahead of those of the American people.
SAM was founded on 5 core pillars and 13 individual principles
Inspire and elevate the dignity of fellow citizens
Restore civic engagement, long-term thinking, and a culture of service to nation and community
Bridge divides and foster ties through constructive, evidence-based public discussion, free of insult or intimidation
Recognize a fundamental obligation to provide for those in need or at risk while promoting a culture of responsibility
Commit to bold, pragmatic solutions that address income and opportunity inequality and reinvigorate our education system
INVEST FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS
Meet our nation’s needs and challenges in a manner that is fiscally responsible and limits burdens on future generations
Protect the planet for future generations while responsibly leveraging our natural resources to drive economic growth
PROTECT OUR LIBERTIES
Champion diversity and protect people’s inalienable right to pursue their version of the American dream without question or interference
EMBRACE AMERICA'S ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
Embrace the efficiency of free markets as the foundational backbone of liberty and American prosperity
Promote free trade, attract the best of the world’s talent, and reject policies of retreat or isolationism
Harness the power of technological innovation to modernize government and deliver practical and targeted solutions to our common needs
Create tax systems that are simple, transparent, fair, and free of market-distorting incentives
ACHIEVE SECURITY THROUGH STRENGTH AND PRINCIPLE
Ensure that the guardians of our domestic and national security always have the tools and support they need
Advance American leadership and security and support human rights and democracy around the world
RECLAIM OUR FUTURE: PRIORITIES
It’s time for a re-imagined political party built from the ground-up, focused on creating a more united, prosperous, and healthier America.
HERE ARE OUR PRIORITIES:
- Bringing our country’s debt and fiscal policy under control, setting up the next generation for success
- Focusing public and private resources on assuring the health of America’s people and the vitality of local communities by innovating in education, healthcare, and infrastructure
- Creating jobs and growing the economy in a sustainable way by embracing free enterprise, free markets, free trade, and measured immigration across secure borders
- Applying America’s innovative spirit to a new environmental revolution, based on science, facts and articulated cost-benefit analyses
- Pursuing criminal justice reform and ending the era of mass incarceration
- Disrupting the political status-quo to end the self-serving laws and practices that both major parties have employed to protect their shared exclusivity of power and limit competition
- Making the election process truly democratic and fair and ensuring access for all voters
- Rejecting retreat from the world and committing to America’s role as a strong, clear-eyed, values-based leader on the world stage
TOGETHER, WE’LL CREATE AMERICA’S POLITICAL RENAISSANCE.
RECLAIM OUR FUTURE: CANDIDATE CRITERIA
It’s time for a re-imagined political party built from the ground up, focused on creating a more united, prosperous, and healthier America.
- Embrace and represent our core Founding Principles, Values, and Priorities
- Will act in accordance with the belief that the interests of the nation should come before the interests of politicians and political parties
- Will pave the way for productive dialogue to make progress on major issues
- Will encourage innovative ideas to solve problems
- Are independent-minded and committed to operating outside the entrenched political duopoly
- Have a history of uncompromising personal and professional integrity
We can't do this alone
SAM is building a new political party for a new American majority. One where fairness, integrity, and common sense solutions work together to achieve real progress for Americans.
Aside from a few members on staff on a day-to-day basis to keep SAM’s mission moving forward, we are entirely driven by passionate volunteers giving their time out of their own volition.
We depend on people like you to keep our movement alive. Whether it be by becoming a member or a SAM Leader, or by monetary donation, any contribution along our path is hugely appreciated.
The Latest From the SAM hub
SAM, the Serve America Movement, announces its support and endorsement for Proposal 2, Michigan’s Voters Not Politicians redistricting reform measure that will appear on this November’s General Election ballot.
Even though two out of every five Americans feels this way, our elected leadership hardly represents this reality.
We’ve all either said it or heard it: “My vote doesn’t count.” The bad news is, for a majority of voters, that’s not far from the truth — especially when it comes to congressional races like the midterms coming up this November. The good news is, there are solutions.
SAM candidate Stephanie Miner is taking a stand against the broken, two-party system perpetuating our politically corrupt culture.
There are more things wrong with our politics than we could list in a blog post (honestly, more like 100 blog posts). But one of them seems to be a constant source of annoyance for everyone — no matter who you do or don’t vote for.
SAM is building a new political party for a new majority. Our goal is to break the self-interested stranglehold of the two entrenched parties and give back power and voice over our future, and our country, to the people.
We can’t do it without you.